Several restaurants, grocery stores, and online low-calorie healthy snacks brands offer a wide range of plant-based options. Especially if you are frequently on the go, traveling due to work, or leisure, there will be no hassle in following a vegan diet.
There are several options available for you to prepare some delectable vegan snacks. You can carry the same at any place you want and satiate the hunger at its best. We refer to three lip-smacking, nutritious, and plant-based snacks that you can prepare at home.
If you are looking for a handheld breakfast while getting late for the office or institution then rely on healthy easy cheesy biscuits. These are delicious, soft, and easy to prepare home-based biscuits. Make such biscuits in big chunks and consume them daily while heading towards any place.
The biscuits are 100% vegan, dairy, and gluten-free. These are best for people suffering from celiac disease or even lactose intolerant. One of the bests vegan snacks options for individuals needing nothing but plant-based.
* 2 cups of gluten-free flour
* 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
* 3 tablespoons baking powder
* 1 1/3 cup of fortified milk
* 5 slices of vegan cheese
* Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
* Take a baking sheet or line it with the parchment paper.
* Take a large-size bowl, and add the flour, vegan milk, salt, and baking powder. Mix it well for 2-3 minutes.
* Take the vegan cheese slices, cut them into equal halves, and mix them into the batter prepared in the previous step.
* Take a 1/4 size measuring cup, and pour the scoops of batter onto the baking sheet in the shape of a dome. Make sure to maintain 1-2 inches of space among different scopes.
* Bake for 20-25 minutes inside the preheated oven.
* Once the biscuits turn a little golden in shade then turn off the oven.
* Remove the oven try and transfer the biscuits from the baking sheet to a separate plate.
Get ready for a nutritious feast with one of the delectable vegan meal options. Prepare the plant-based quinoa vegetable bowl by adding a favorable choice of veggies. Make a healthy combination of well-cooked quinoa mixed with olives, mint, lemon, spices, and several vegetables inside. Bring the much-needed crunchiness to the meal by adding quinoa puffs of any flavor you like.
Quinoa vegan bowl is one of the on-the-go meal options that take less time to prepare and is simple to pack in an airtight container for your lunch or mid-afternoon snacking period.
* 1 cup cooked quinoa
* 3 cups of arugula
* 1 cup of chopped cucumber
* 1 cup of grape tomatoes and finely quartered
* 1/3 chopped red onion
* 1/4 Kalamata Olive finely sliced
* 4 slices of vegan cheese
* 1/2 packet of quinoa puffs
* 3 tablespoons of basil, thinly sliced
* 1 teaspoon of lemon zest
* 2/3 extra virgin oil
* 1/3 lemon juice
* 1/3 apple cider vinegar
* 1/3 Agave syrup
* 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
* 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
* 1 teaspoon sea salt
* 1 tablespoon oregano and minced
* 1 tablespoon fresh mint and minced
It is simple to make the healthy and highly nutritious quinoa vegan bowl. You have to mix all the ingredients in a jar, cover, and shake well for 60 seconds. Take a medium-size bowl and add quinoa, arugula, cucumbers, tomatoes, red onion, vegan cheese, basil, lemon zest, and kalamatas. Mix the dressing prepared and then sprinkle quinoa puffs onto the mixture.
Your friends might be enjoying the barbecue and you might struggle with the vegan snacks options in the initial days? What if, you get a chance to taste the smoky hot barbecue meal in a vegan style? It is possible with a Teriyaki tofu bowl that you can prepare at home by assorting a simple choice of ingredients. It features the delectable tanginess of teriyaki, plant-based protein nutrition in tofu, grilled veggies, and other rich ingredients inside.
* 4 cups of cooked rice
* 20 oz of can pineapple rings with having 1/4 drain reserving liquid
* 1/3 chopped red onion
* 2 cups of purple cabbage and shredded
* 1 cup of red bell pepper and thinly sliced
* 2 cups of frozen shelled Edamame (soybeans) thawed, rinsed, and drained
* 1/2 cilantro and loosely chopped
* 15 oz of teriyaki marinade
* 4 teaspoons of sesame seeds
* 4 tablespoons of sushi ginger
* 1 lime sliced into wedges
* Slice the tofu into 3/4 wide slices, place inside the shallow bowl and then combine teriyaki marinade with tofu.
* Let the marinade for at least 30-min or overnight, if possible.
* Preheat the BBQ or the griller to medium heat. Oil the grill grates and add marinated tofu onto the same along with pineapple rings. Grill the ingredients for 2-3 minutes. Further grill the tofu on each side for 3-4 minutes followed by pineapple per side.
* Remove the ingredients from the heat. Place the tofu on a cutting board and then cut into 3/4 squares and pineapple rings into bite-sized wedges.
* Mix around 1/4 pineapple juice with 1/2 marinade and set aside.
* Pour the mixture into four different bowls, and add rice along with chopped cabbage, soybeans, red bell pepper, cilantro, and red onion. Drizzle the meal with pineapple/teriyaki sauce. Further, sprinkle the sesame seeds and serve with lime wedges and Sushi ginger.
The list of lip-smacking vegan snacks options is not confined to the three varieties only. There is more you can prepare as per the taste buds and appetite. Create nutritious delight meeting your plant-based diet pattern. To help you with a much-needed crunch in snacks, Ojas Vegan offers plantain tostones Canada in a wide range of flavors