If you have to choose one superfood in the vegan category, then it has to be quinoa. A pseudo-grain full of protein, calcium, healthy carbohydrates, and good fats mixes well with several ingredients. It is up to you to make wholesome breakfast, low-calorie healthy snacks , vegan bowls, or even naturally sweet desserts using quinoa as the main ingredient. Concerning the same, we have come up with four different quinoa recipes to include in your vegan diet plan and witness delectable taste every time.
It does not matter if you are not a quinoa expert. Cooking plain quinoa is the easiest thing. You just need to follow the strategic process to get fluffy and crunchy quinoa read including in different meals. It all starts with rinsing the quinoa using a strainer. It is required because quinoa has a natural coating on it called saponin. If you consume quinoa with the coating on, then it will taste bitter or soap. Therefore, it is imperative to properly rinse it before cooking. Once you rinsed the quinoa, the next step is to boil the same for a few minutes and then leave it aside to stay cool.
Step-by-Step Directions to Cook Plain Quinoa
* Get soaked and rinsed quinoa and place it inside a pot.
* Bring the quinoa to a boiling point and then simmer under low heat for 15-min.
* Once the quinoa is cooked, then turn off the heat, and set it aside.
* Add desired choices of herbs, spices, and vegetables to quinoa and savor the same.
Nothing beats the satiating pleasure of having a healthy salad as your evening meal. Eating salad provides you with all the required nutrients and a guilt-free feeling. You can make quinoa, veggies, and spices-rich salad simplistically. The process of cooking quinoa remains the same as per the above-mentioned information. In addition to that, you can add carrot, green onions, cherry tomatoes, bell pepper (any color), mint leaves, fresh parsley, lemon, or any other ingredient of your choice. An additional tip to make your quinoa salad a crunchy one is adding plantain tostones Canada vegan chips of any flavor of your choice.
Step-by-Step Directions to Cook Quinoa Salad
* Add 1 1/2 cups of cooked quinoa to a bowl.
* Add all the vegetables properly sliced like onion, carrot, bell pepper, cherry tomatoes, mint leaves, parley, and raisins.
* Mix all the ingredients well.
* Top the salad with fresh lettuce and squeeze some lemon juice over the same.
* Add the crunchy and crushed vegan tostones on top of the salad and savor it.
If you are longing for a healthy quinoa-filled meal for lunch, then this recipe is for you. Quinoa with steamed veggies is easy to prepare within a few minutes and does not require much preparation at your end. Here, you are using quinoa as the best substitute for rice to acquire a gluten-free protein in your diet. In terms of veggies, you need fresh broccoli, carrots, bell peppers, baby corn, peas. Also, you have an option to add soy tofu to the meal to increase its vegan protein content to an optimum level.
Step-by-Step Directions to Cook Quinoa with Steamed Veggies
* Start with rinsing and boiling the quinoa in the desired quantity.
* Soak all the vegetables in freshwater for five minutes and finely slice the same.
* Boil 1/2 liter of water and place all the vegetables inside the pot and cover the lid.
* Steam the vegetables for 4-5 minutes and check if they are tender or not.
* Mix the vegetables with quinoa and add the required choices of spices like pepper, kosher salt, and more.
* Once the steamed quinoa with veggies is ready, then top green onions over it.
Experience of dose of super healthy, naturally sweet, and fruits rich breakfast of oatmeal and quinoa inside. A bowl is full of freshness, healthy carbs, and much-needed protein elements sure to make this dish a must-have delight. Also, the crunchy sprinkling of quinoa puffs makes this breakfast meal more lip-smacking. This meal contains cooked quinoa, plain oats, almond butter, banana, blueberries, coconut milk, cinnamon, sea salt, maple syrup, and water.
Step-by-Step Directions to Cook Quinoa, Oatmeal, and Fruit Breakfast
* Bring the water to a boiling point in a saucepan under medium heat.
* Once the water is boiled, then add quinoa and oats. Cook the ingredients by covering the lid.
* After a few minutes open the kid when oats and quinoa get softened.
* Remove the mixture from heat and add cinnamon, almond butter, and mix well together.
* Add banana slices, blueberries, nuts, quinoa pops, and sprinkle the maple syrup onto the same.
A vegan diet plan is simple to follow by using a wide choice of ingredients and food sources. Try the mentioned quinoa recipes to acquire the much-needed nutrition and stay healthy. Also, savor healthy vegan snacks from a pioneer brand like Ojas Vegan.