What do vegans eat for breakfast? Is that something full of green veggies, a bowl full of salad, or just oatmeal with coconut milk and nuts inside? There is more to explore in terms of having a sumptuous first meal of the day. You can have vegan cheese to add to delectable sandwiches, sprinkle the crunchy quinoa puffs into a bowl of cereals, or make creamy burritos. There are no short of breakfast options for vegans even getting late to rush outside and simply devote a few minutes to prepare the breakfast.
Here, we will take you through five different yet delectable plant-based healthy snacks for the first meal of the day.
Get ready to savor a fully-loaded veggies-rich sandwich in a complete vegan style pattern. Be it as the topping, filling, or spread of the sandwich sure to delight your taste buds. Easy to prepare breakfast recipes, especially for office goers and school kids, while getting late for their respective work.
1. 4 slice slices of bread and toasted
2. 2 slices of vegan cheese
3. 3/4 cup of plant-based flax eggs and scrambled
4. Toppings of sliced avocados, onions, and tomato
5. Salt & pepper to taste
1. Take a medium-size non-stick skillet and put it on medium heat.
2. Add the plant-based eggs to the skillet and scramble the same.
3. Remove the scrambled vegan eggs from the pan and divide them into two parts, and top over the slices of vegan cheese. Cover with a lid and let the cheese melts.
4. Assemble the fillings and toppings onto slices of bread.
5. Season the sandwich with salt & pepper to savor the same.
You can take Friday or Saturday night pizza-eating vibes into weekday healthy breakfast and that in a vegan way possible. An easy-to-prepare plant-based pizza is a wholesome delight that is completely lactose-free and gluten-free. Simply devote just 20-min of cooking time to preparing a medium-size vegan pizza.
1. 1 lb frozen and gluten-free hash browns
2. 1 1/3 cup plant-based egg alternative
3. 2 cups of vegan cheese
4. 3/4 teaspoon salt
5. 1 cup cherry tomatoes
6. 1/2 cup of thinly sliced onions
7. 1 cup sliced mushrooms
8. 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
9. 1 tablespoon olive oil
10. 1/2 avocado sliced for garnishing
11. 1 tablespoon fresh chopped chives for garnishing
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. After that, line the baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Take a large-size bowl and combine ingredients like 1/3 cup egg alternative, hash browns, 1/2 cup of vegan cheese, salt, and pepper.
3. Transfer the hash brown mixture prepared in the last step to the baking sheet. Pat the same into a circular crust. Moreover, bake the mixture until brown and for about 25-min.
4. Top the baked crust with the rest of the vegan cheese along with additional ingredients like mushrooms, tomatoes, and onions.
5. Drizzle the low-calorie snack with olive oil and season with salt and pepper accordingly. Moreover, bake the same for another 20-min.
6. In the meanwhile, take a large-size non-stick skillet and scramble the remaining cup of eggs alternative to the packaged directions.
7. The last step is to remove the baked crust from the oven, top with plant-based eggs, and garnish the pizza with avocadoes slices and chives.
If you have a time scarcity of preparing a high-protein, delectable, and plant-based breakfast, then the recipe is meant for you. Vegan strata is a veggie, spices, vegan cheese, and eggs-filled delight to acquire the necessary nutrition. You can prepare the veggies last night and do the final act of making the healthy snack right in the morning.
* 6 cups of bread, cubed and torn into 1 1/2 pieces
* 1 tablespoon vegan butter or vegetable oil
* 1 tablespoon oregano and finely chopped
* 3/4 cup of onions and chopped
* 1/2 cup of red bell peppers and chopped
* 2 cups of mushrooms and sliced
* 1 tablespoon of chives and finely chopped
* Plant-based eggs substitute
* 1 cup of fortified milk
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 cup of vegan cheese
* 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. Take a medium-size skillet and switch on the heat.
2. Add olive oil or vegan butter to the skillet and add onions along with red bell pepper for sauteing.
3. Add mushrooms to the mixture and cook for another 5-min.
4. Remove the mixture from the heat.
5. Take a large-size bowl and combine the bread cubes, previously prepared mixture, chives, milk alternative, vegan eggs, oregano, plant-based cheese, salt, and pepper. Toss the mixture well.
6. Grease an 8x8 oven-safe dish with vegan butter or oil. Pour the prepared mixture evenly into the dish, cover the same with foil, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight before baking.
7. For baking, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Bake the strata for around 40-50-min until the same turns golden and crispy.
8. Remove the strata from the oven and let it cool for 10-min before savoring.
Are you wrap lovers? You will like this tofu and sliced avocado mixture wrapped with additional salsa and cilantro inside. A kind of go-to meal during the morning busy hours and still satiate the delectable delight in a healthy way possible. A microwave-friendly wrap dish is simple to prepare in a few minutes and perfect for a healthy vegan breakfast option.
1. 1 packet of frozen or diced shredded hash brown potatoes
2. 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric powder
3. 1 packet of firm tofu and drained
4. 1/2 packet of plantain tostones
5. 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
6. salt and pepper to taste
7. 1-2 avocados and sliced
8. 8 oz of shredded vegan cheese
9. Fresh cilantro
10. Lime wedges
11. Salsa or hot sauce
12. 4-large size flour tortillas
1. Cook hash browns as per the instructions mentioned on the packet.
2. Take a medium-size bowl and mix tofu. Mash it using a fork and scramble the same.
3. Stir the scrambled tofu in turmeric powder.
4. Take a large-size skillet to add vegetable oil and bring to medium heat. Add tofu and saute the same for 5-min until all the liquid is drained out. Season the same with salt and pepper.
5. Fill each tortilla with a mixture of scrambled tofu, hash browns, avocadoes slices, vegan cheese, salsa, and cilantro. Fold the sides and top of tortillas and roll to make equal size burritos.
6. Place all the burritos in a skillet over medium heat and toast the same until turn brown.
7. Serve the burritos with salsa and lime wedges.
Add some spice to your morning meal with the special green chili vegan breakfast sandwich. Once again, prepare your plant-based egg ingredient and top inside the sandwich and avail of high protein content. You can dice green chilis inside the sandwich and other handfuls of greens to taste the desired outcome.
1. Plant-based eggs
2. 1/2 cup of fresh greens
3. 1 gluten-free bun
4. 1-2 tablespoons of diced green chilis
5. 1 slice of vegan cheese
6. Additional toppings of tomatoes, sliced avocado, and onion
1. Prepare the plant-based eggs first be it in terms of fried, scrambled, or poached as per your choice.
2. Toast the bun in a toaster.
3. Layer the bun with vegan egg mixture, vegan cheese, tomatoes, avocado, and onion.
Do not let the breakfast goes lost in the shuffle of reaching the office or any other destination on time. Have your list of vegan breakfast options ready and know how to prepare the same. Refer to the above-mentioned plant-based healthy snack options and fulfill your nutritious requirements with ease. Moreover, delightful mid-morning or evening snacks in the form of crunchy tostones or puffs are available at Ojas Vegan.