Speaking of vegan snacks, there is an extensive list of options you can come across. Plantain tostones are a nutritious food to consume at any time. It is high in the crunch, healthy, full of starch, source of vitamins, potassium, and fiber. Tostones are a must-have delight for vegan people when feeling little hunger pangs in the middle of the day or night. You can even make a spicy and veggies-rich tostones salad and add it to the low-calorie healthy snacks for the week.
Here, find the recipe for delectable plantain salad mixed with a healthy choice of ingredients. Know the things you require for the salad, the steps to prepare, and the health benefits of consuming plantains.
Ingredients Required for the Salad
* 2 medium-size ripe plantain
* 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
* 1 teaspoon lime zest
* 3 tablespoons olive oil
* 1/2 teaspoon red chile flakes
* 1/3 cup diced cucumbers
* 1/3 cup of mixed bell peppers
* 1/2 head romaine lettuce, coarsely chopped
* 2 teaspoons toasted cumin seeds
* 8 pitted black olives and sliced
* 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
* 1/4 cup of toasted peanuts
* 1/2 packet of vegan tostones chips
* Peanuts, pickled onions, and lime wedges
1. Gather all the ingredients.
2. Trim both ends of the plantains and make a slit between the same in a lengthwise pattern. Cut the plantains into 3-4 equal pieces with their skin on.
3. Take a medium-size saucepan, place the pieces of plantains, and add salt to it. Turn on the gas and let plantains come to a boiling point and then simmer the gas. You can leave the plantains for 10-15 min and let them remain soft. Even use a fork or knife to put it inside the plantain and know the softness.
4. Take a medium-size bowl and add the rest of the ingredients like oil, salt, zest, lime juice, and chili flakes. Whisk the mixture well to form a thick paste.
5. Mix the chopped cucumbers and bell peppers. Pour the dressing onto the mixture and rest for half an hour. It allows the flavor mixed properly.
6. Take a large-size bowl, put the lettuce inside along with plantains, and the rest of the vegetables.
7. Top the mixture with olives, cumin seeds, cilantro, and peanut.
8. Sprinkle the hand-crushed plantain tostones Canada and feel the crunch in the salad.
It is imperative to treat yourself with a delectable snack to stay on the right path to health. It is believed that if you consume your choice of snacks like vegan tostones or even potato chips, you maintain a healthy lifestyle for the rest of the days. So, instead of relying on potato chips, plantain chips are a much better option that offers you the following few advantages:
Plantain is an essential source of fiber that you can include in your vegan diet pattern. Fiber is imperative for having a healthy stomach and preventing several conditions like diabetes, heart disease, constipation, and diverticular disease.
Vitamin C is there inside plantains or even the tostones you eat as a low-calorie healthy snack. It supports the immune system and makes it healthy in a hassle-free manner. Moreover, plantain also contains Vitamin A, which acts as an anti-inflammatory and regulates immune function.
Green plantain is full of Vitamin B6, that is responsible for increasing the metabolism level to an optimum extent. It further helps in improving the growth of red blood cells, acts as macronutrients, and more.
Savor the naturally sweet taste of plantains included in a healthy delight of a vegan salad. Further, add the crunch of plantain chips, or you can make the variation of quinoa puffs availed from Ojas Vegan. The salad will not only satiate your little hunger pangs but also provides much-needed nutrition.