Chocolates never go outdated. You cannot even resist the temptation of tasting the delectable sweet flavor. Even if you have decided or already turned vegan, still, you can have several chocolate treats in meals. Dark chocolate is your best bid to make snacks using several ingredients like nuts, can sugar, quinoa puffs , coconut milk, and more. You can make healthy sweet snacks that are 100% plant-based, and nutritious. We have gathered a list of the five best chocolate vegan delights to make at home and satiate your sweet tooth with ease.
It could be your's, someone else birthday at home, celebrating a wedding anniversary, or even a special father/mother or valentines day. No occasion is complete with having chocolate in any form served at the dinner table. Even you might long for a rich, creamy, and chocolaty taste during normal days of having breakfast.
We cover it all here in terms of five vegan chocolate-filled healthy snacks recipes for different time intervals during the day.
If having a cake is something you are craving for a long, then switch to a better and healthy alternative of oat milk chocolate mousse tart. It is a 100% vegan sweet delight for plant-based diet individuals like you to stay within the dietary limits and still consume something delectable.
The recipe consists of oat milk, semi-sweet dark chocolate chips, avocado, and dates. It is simple to make the tart at home by first making the dessert's crust with oats and mixing maple syrup and spelled flour. For better understanding, let’s look at the step-by-step recipe for the sweet.
* Preheat the oven to the temperature of 350 degrees F and line the bottom of the tart with parchment paper.
* Place 1/3 cup of oats into the blender and process it well.
* Transfer the processed oats to a mixing bowl and add the rest of the ingredients like 1/4 cup of spelled flour, 1/4 cup of maple syrup, one teaspoon baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt and two tablespoons oil.
* Pour the mixture into the tart pan and use your fingers and gently press.
* Bake the oats and other ingredients for 15-min.
* Prepare the chocolate filling by first melting the dark chocolate chips and then mixing three ripe avocadoes, 1/2 cup of soft pitted dates, and 1/2 cup of barista blend oat milk.
* Combine all the fillings and pour inside the food processor to blend the same.
* Once the crust is cooled to room temperature, pour the chocolate filling, and spread it evenly.
* As the last step, take the simple flavor of crunchy quinoa pops from the Ojas Vegan brand and sprinkle on the mouse after getting it refrigerator for 6 hours.
* Your sweet delight is ready to savor in the company of loved ones.
These are vegan chocolate matcha sticky buns. It is a delectable piece of sweet with a dark chocolate filling that makes a perfect go-to snacks at any time of the day. It is a little sweet, greenish in color, soft, and lip-smacking in taste. You might have tasted the cinnamon rolls, this sticky bun looks similar the same but tastes differently.
* 1 1/2 cups of plant-based unsweetened milk
* 1 1/2 tablespoons cane sugar
* 3 1/4 tablespoons vegan butter
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1 packet of active dry yeast
* 3 cups of unbleached all-purpose flour
* 3 tablespoons matcha powder
* 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
* 2 ounces of vegan baking chocolate
* First, warm up the plant-based milk and butter together in a large-size pan. Make sure all the butter is melted and mixed inside the vegan milk. Do not overheat both the things, otherwise yeast might damage.
* Use a kitchen thermometer to check the temperature of vegan milk and butter must not exceed 110 degrees.
* Next is to sprinkle the yeast over the milk and butter mixture.
* Transfer it to a large-size bowl and mix up the sugar and salt.
* Take another mixing bowl and pour the flour along with the matcha powder. Mix both the ingredients well.
* Now, slowly add the dry mixture of the flour to the wet mixture. It should not be more than 1/2 cup at a time. Make a dough out of the whole mixture.
* Make small balls out of the dough you have made in the previous step.
* Take a mixing bowl, grease it well, place all the balls inside the same, and cover it with a plastic wrap or a kitchen towel.
* Let the dough rests for an hour.
* After an hour, the dough must be double in size.
* Roll the dough in about 1/6th thickness and about 12x16 inches in size.
* Brush all parts of the dough with the melted vegan butter, add the coating of cane sugar, and sprinkle the chopped chocolate on the same.
* Again, roll the dough tightly to get all the ingredients inside.
* Cut the rolls into two halves and place all the pieces on a well-greased cast-iron skillet or the baking pan.
* Bake the rolls for about 30-min until turn slightly golden.
* Next step is to prepare the sweet filling of the dough by placing powdered cane sugar in a mixing bowl and stirring with the matcha powder.
* Add two tablespoons of plant-based milk into the mixture and whisk to make it smooth.
* Remove the sticky chocolate buns from the oven and let them cool for 5-10 min.
* Once cooled, then top the balls with the icing of matcha and savor it immediately.
Next in the line, we have naturally sweet potato muffins mixed with dark chocolate and other healthy ingredients inside. A muffin is something hard to say no to, especially when you are craving something sweet late at night. It is a plant-based muffin that is equally fluffy, spongy, and sweet as the readily available ones at the marketplace.
The reason for the fluffiness of this muffin is due to the mixture of almond flour and wheat flour. The mixture helps absorb all the moisture inside. It is also simple to make almond flour at home by simply blending raw almonds in a high-speed food processor.
* 1 tablespoon of flax seeds along with two tablespoons of water.
* 1 cup whole wheat flour
* 1 cup of almond flour
* 1/2 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 cup of cane sugar mixed with 1/2 cup of coconut sugar
* 1 cup of plain unsweetened soy milk
* 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
* 1 teaspoon vanilla
* 1/2 cup of sweet potato puree
* 1/4 cup of dark baking chocolate
* First, preheat the oven to 400 degrees and fill all the muffins cups with liners
* Make your flax eggs by combining flax seeds and water in a small bowl. Set it aside to get thickened.
* Combine all the dry ingredients you have like wheat flour, almond flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar in a large-size mixing bowl.
* Take another bowl to combine the mixture of soy milk, apple cider vinegar, flaxseed mixture, vanilla, oil, and sweet potato puree. Whisk all the ingredients well.
* Pour the liquid mixture on the top of the dry mixture without mixing the elements.
* Fold in the chocolate chips you have.
* Pour the batter into muffins cup in equal proportion and start baking for around 25-30 minutes.
* Test the fluffiness of the muffins using a toothpick.
No need hefty baking techniques, its just chocolate, nuts, sprinkled plantain chips , and you desire to have this chocoliscious treat. It is your on the go snacks while heading towards the work, as a pre-workout healthy snack for gym, and even for home snacking. Quite a fancy treat is vegan, gluten-free, and grain free to experience a nutritious delight.
The best is no such requirement of spending hours in baking the vegan chocolate bars. Simply gather the required ingredients, mix & match to form tasty bars. The only thing required is the refrigeration process to solidify the bar to an optimum extent.
* 2 cup dried walnuts
* 1/2 cup dates
* 2 cups of dried figs and nicely chopped
* 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
* 1 teaspoon Maldon sea salt
* 1/2 packet of tostones
* Take a baking sheet and line with parchment paper.
* Place the walnuts, figs, and dates in the food processor. Blend the mixure well.
* Press the mixture in the baking dish.
* Melt the chocolate chips inside a bowl placed inside a boiling water utensil.
* The mixture firmed in the baking dish turns into a blog. Take the bars carefully while chocolate is melting on the other side.
* Once the bar is out, cut the pieces into 12 inches of size.
* Drizzle the melted chocolate on top of the bar.
* Sprinkle the crushed pieces of plantain tostones in sweet flavor on top of bars.
* Refrigerate the bars before savoring.
Using beetroot in sweet brownies might sound weird first time. But if you try and make it, then you will understand the magic combination that a vegetable and vegan chocolate can create. It’s a fluffy, gluten-free, processed sugar-free, date-sweetened, oil-free, and grain-free plant based snacks made at home. There are few reasons of adding beetroot in the brownie. Firstly, beetroot is naturally sweet that provides more delectable flavor to the sweet treat. Secondly, red color of the beetroot provides a red velvet cake like texture to the dessert that sure to catch your attention at a glance.
* 2 small beetroot
* 350 grams of pitted dates soaked overnight in cold water or 10-min in boiling water
* 120 ML of unsweetened almond milk
* 60 grams of smooth almond butter
* Pinch of salt to taste
* 360 grams of ground almonds
* 75 grams of cocoa powder
* 2 teaspoons of baking powder
* Dark chocolate chips
* Cut the both ends of the beetroot and slice.
* Place water in a pan and cover with water
* Bring the water to a boiling point and place the beetroot inside. After few minutes check the softness of the beetroot by using a fork.
* Preheat the oven at 180 degrees.
* Drain the dates and place inside the food processor and blend with the beetroot along with almond milk, and almond butter.
* Once the mixture is blended, then transfer to a bowl along with ground almonds, baking powder, and cocoa powder.
* Mix the miture well and if necessary add a few drops of almond milk.
* Once the brownie mixture is ready, then transfer to the tin-made baking sheet that must be greased with line paper in advance.
* On top of the mixture, sprinkle the chocolate chips for the decoration purpose.
* Bake it in the oven for around 20-min.
* Once the brownie is baked and take it outside the oven and let it remain cool.
* Savor the brownie once it is cooled.
Sweets are unavoidable. Sometime or the other, you experience the craving of trying your favorable dessert at any time of the day. Make plenty of vegan sweets using healthy choice of ingredients and cocoa powder. Further use plant-based snacks offered by Ojas vegan to bring some crunchiness to your sweet treats.