You might be searching for the best and delectable vegan dinner recipes but cannot decide from the thousands of options available on the internet. If that is happening with you, then you have come to the right place to get at least some options for your plant-based diet plan.
Cutting to the chase, we bring forth your here top five vegan dinner recipes covering different courses of meals from soup, veggies surprises, to dessert at the end. All the recipes that we mention here cover the simplest choice of ingredients found mostly in your kitchen area. It might be like herbs, tomatoes, onion, chickpeas, lentils, and more. On the other side, some ingredients you can buy swiftly like a packet of quinoa puffs , mushrooms, vegan butter, vegan sour cream, and more.
The starting meal of your delectable dinner time is none other than a healthy soup. Here, we provide you with the recipe for vegan cheddar soup that covers the nutritious ingredients and is fast to prepare on weeknights. A kind of plant-based snack that further performs the role of your meal starting point.
Not so spicy and simply flavorful soup includes the creamy cashew or the hemp seeds cream whichever is available at the moment. It is also comprised of nutritional yeast to bring cheesy flavor and plant-based protein nutrition inside.
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 1-2 poblano peppers and diced
* 1 large-size onion and diced
* 1 jalapeno and diced
* 7 cups of broccoli and cut into a bite-sized pattern
* 4 cups of vegetable broth
* 1 cup of water
* 1 bay leaf
* 1 teaspoon oregano
* 1/2 teaspoon pepper
* 1 teaspoon coriander
* 1 teaspoon salt
* Take the whole pound of broccoli that must be cut in a bit-sized pattern and blend the same.
* In a large-size pan, saute onion, garlic, peppers, and jalapeno for five minutes until turn slightly brown in color.
* Add other ingredients like broccoli, vegetable broth, water, bay leaf, oregano salt, pepper, and coriander to the boiling mixture. The liquid must cover all the veggies. Bring it to the boiling point and after that let it cook on simmer for the next 10-12 minutes.
* Take 1 cup of roughly blended broccoli and a cup of vegetable broth. Blend both the ingredients well and after that add 2 tablespoons of cashews to the mixture.
* Add one more cup of broccoli and broth and blend the mixture until becomes smooth and texture.
* Inside the blender, add 1-2 handfuls of green baby spinach for bringing an extra dose of greenery to the vegan soup.
* Add salt to taste along with extra chili flakes, and lime juice to the mixture.
* Take a small-size skillet and add 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 jalapeno, cumin seeds, and chili flakes. Heat until you smell the fragrance of cumin and serve the mixture on top of the soup.
* Serve the soup in a bowl and furnish it with crunchy quinoa puffs, fresh cilantro, and scallions to bring an amazing taste of crunchiness, freshness, and more.
Next in the line for dinner is this spicy, colorfully vibrant, and protein-rich coconut millet bowl served with berbere spiced squash. Whether you make this delectable dish for dinner or as part of your vegan snacks list at any time of the day depends on your preference.
It’s a nourishing and easy-to-make vegan dinner recipe that contains super nutritious millets cooked in fortified-based coconut milk along with the glow of turmeric inside. The vegan bowl is further loaded with chickpeas, kabocha, and roasted shallots along with favorable spices inside. The main ingredient of the recipe is millet which features all the good stuff inside like protein, vitamins, and minerals. A gluten-free grain is sure to bring nutty and savory flavor to the dish. Even some people like to add little quinoa or even crunchy quinoa puffs as per of garnishing the bowl.
* 2 tablespoons of berbere spice
* 1 1/2 lb of kabocha squash and turns into 3/4 slices
* 2 tablespoons of avocado oil
* 2 tablespoons of water
* 15 oz of can chickpeas that must be drained or cooked 1 1/2 cup
* 2 large shallots that must be peeled and thickly sliced
* 1 cup millet
* 1 cup of coconut milk
* 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
* 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric
* 1/4 teaspoon of salt
* 1/2 cup of coconut cream
* 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
* 1/4 cup of lime juice
* Zest of one lime
* 1/2 cup of cucumber chunks that must be peeled and deseeded
* 1 teaspoon of grated fresh ginger
* 1/2 fresh cilantro and roughly chopped
* 1/4 cup of fresh mint leaves and roughly chopped
* First switch on the oven to 400 degrees temperature.
* Prepare the berbere paste by mixing berbere spices with oil and water in a bowl. Set aside this mixture for 10-min to hydrate.
* Next step is to cook the millet. Reserve 1/2 cup of thick coconut cream and coconut milk and set aside.
* Bring the coconut milk, water, turmeric, and salt to simmer in a large-size saucepan. Next is to add the coconut oil and millet. Bring the ingredients to a boiling point and then simmer the heat along with covering the mixture by using a lid. Without lifting the lid turn off the gas and let the mixture sit for 10-min.
* In this step, prepare the shallots, chickpeas, and squash. Add the mixture to a sheet pan with parchment. Spread the berbere paste made previously on top of the sheet by using a brush. Now, sprinkle salt and place the same in the oven for the next 30-min.
* Blend coconut cream, lime juice, zest, salt, cucumber, and fresh ginger to make a smooth paste. Add the mind and cilantro and blend the mixture for a few seconds.
* Assemble all the mixtures to form a lip-smacking plant-based snack
It’s time to bring some crispiness and colors to your vegan dinner recipe with totally relishing quinoa cakes with tomato chickpeas. A healthy, flavorful, and gluten-free vegan snack is sure to be an ideal start for the night meal time.
The best thing about this recipe is no such inclusion of eggs, bread crumbs, flour, or any kind of binder. You will be surprised to know that this recipe has the goodness of plant-based protein-rich quinoa and gluten-free benefit.
* 1 cup of rinsed white quinoa
* 1 cup of water
* 1 teaspoon cumin
* 2 teaspoons of olive oil
* 1/2 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder
* 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt
* 1/4 cup of Italian parsley
* 2 cups of cherry or grape tomatoes
* 1 diced cucumber
* 1/4 cup of chopped scallions
* 1/4 cup of fresh basil
* 3 tablespoons of olive oil
* 3 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
* 1 small minced garlic clove
* 1/4 teaspoon of salt to taste
* Take a medium-size pot and switch on the heat. Add water, rinsed white quinoa, cumin, dried herbs, salt, garlic powder, and olive oil. Stir the mixture well and bring it to a boiling point. After that simmer the heat on low and let the ingredients be cooked for 20-min.
* While quinoa is in the making process, you can make tomato chickpea relish. In this step, stir all ingredients together in a medium-size bowl.
* Check with the earlier prepared quinoa whether it has soaked all the water or not. If still you see some water in the quinoa mixture, heat it again for 5-min.
* Once the quinoa mixture is cooled down, you will get to see it being clumpy. It allows you to make 4 tennis balls size of quinoa balls and place them on a plate or sheet pan. Use your wet hands to press the balls into 1 or 1 1/2 inch thick cake. Smooth the edges of the balls and make them look nice.
* Refrigerate the quinoa cakes for at least 15-min. And, when become sturdy, oil the cakes and again store them in the refrigerator.
* Take out quinoa cakes from the refrigerator and place them on a well-oiled skillet to cook over medium heat. You can also toast the quinoa cakes without putting anything on the top.
* Once your quinoa cakes are prepared hot, place the fresh tomato chickpeas relish on the top and savor the same.
One of the main vegan dinner recipes you can include in your menu is the delectable plant-based shepherd's pie with root veggies and mushrooms. The dish is best topped with mashed potatoes.
As the name implies as shepherds, there is no sheep or lamb involved in the ingredients. The dish is 100% vegan, refined, meant for protein-rich dinner time, and provides a fuller filling. It is best to make it when you have guests arriving at home and this could be one of your main course dishes that must be prepared with patience. Also, perfect for the holiday season, vegan shepherds pie can be customized as per your choice of ingredients.
* 3 pounds of gold potatoes that must be unpeeled
* 8 tablespoons of olive oil or vegan butter
* 1 tablespoon of truffle oil
* 1/2 cup of vegan sour cream
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon pepper
* 1 or 1/2 teaspoon of nutritional yeast
* 1 large-size onion that must be diced
* 1 lb of sliced mushrooms
* 1 1/2 cups of celery and diced
* 1 1/2 cups of peeled and diced carrots
* 1 1/2 cups of frozen peas
* 1 1/2 cups of parsnips, peeled and diced
* 1 1/2 cups of cooked white beans
* 6 cloves garlic roughly chopped
* 1 teaspoon salt to taste
* 1/2 teaspoon of cracked pepper
* 1 tablespoon of thyme leaves
* 4 tablespoons flour
* 1/2 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
* 3 cups of veggie stock
* 1 teaspoon of dijon mustard
* 1/2 cup of fresh Italian parsley
* Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
* First start preparing the mashed potatoes. Cut the Yukon gold potatoes into small pieces. Place the same in a large-size pot, fill in the water, and turn on the heat for boiling. To save 1 cup of potato boiling water for later use.
* Next is make the stew by taking a large-size heavy bottom pot and heat the same over a medium flame. Inside the pot, saute the onions and mushrooms for about 7-8 minutes, until you smell the fragrance. After that add carrots, parsnips, garlic thyme, celery, salt, and pepper. Stir the mixture for 10-min to let carrots become soft inside.
* Sprinkle the veggies with about 4 tablespoons of flour and stir it for 2-min.
* Add 1 cup of warm vegetable broth to the stew prepared earlier and keep stirring the mixture.
* Add more salt to taste along with the cracked pepper as per your taste buds. Also, add a few drops of apple cider vinegar and stir with fresh parsley.
* Take the potatoes and place them inside a large pot. Using a potato masher, mash the potatoes along with adding olive oil, vegan sour cream, granulated garlic, salt, pepper, and truffle oil. Also, add nutritional yeast to the mashed potatoes mixture.
* Scope the filling of the mixture on a large-size cast iron skillet or a baking dish as per your requirement. Spoon the creamy mashed potatoes over the stew and by using a piping bag and pipe out the potatoes gently over the stew.
* In the last step, place the baking sheet or individual pieces on a sheet to catch the drippings and bake inside the preheated oven for 20-30 minutes.
* Garnish the dish with fresh parsley and eat the same.
If you crave for delectable and juice dinner vegan recipe, this one is for you. It is flavorsome vegan ramen with miso shiitake broth comprising mushrooms, sesame seeds, bok choy, tofu, and scallions.
Nothing feels more delightful during dinner time when you get to taste the oozing flavors in your vegan ramen bowl. It is a no meat and no egg dinner recipe that still has the goodness of protein from plant-based sources. The recipe contains flour-based noodles which you can buy from any Asian food section at the store or online. Rest everything is prepared including other integral components like vegetable broth and toppings.
* 1 large-size onion and diced
* 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil
* 2 smashed garlic cloves
* 4 cups of water
* 4 cups of veggie stock
* 1 sheet of Kombu seaweed
* 1/2 cup of dried shiitake mushrooms
* 1-2 tablespoons of white miso paste
* Pepper as per your taste
* Hot chili oil
* 6-8 ounces of Ramen noodles
* 8 ounces of crispy tofu
* Boy Choy, fresh spinach, shredded carrots, roasted winter squash, roasted carrots, roasted cauliflower, and roasted sweet potato
* For adding roasted vegetables to your vegan ramen recipe, first cut all the veggies into bit-size and add olive oil, pepper, and salt, and place the same on the parchment-lined sheet. Roast the veggies in an oven at 400 F.
* The second step involves making the vegetable broth. Take a medium-size pan, add onion along with 1 tablespoon of oil to saute for 3-min. Turn the heat to a medium flame and add smashed garlic cloves inside and continue cooking until turn golden brown. After that add the veggie stock, water, sheet of rinsed kombu, mirin, and dried shiitake.
* Simmer the vegetable broth mixture for 25-30 min and remove the kombu. After that add pepper and miso as per your taste.
* While the broth is simmering on one side, prepare the vegan ramen on the other side. Cook the ramen noodles in a pot and to the boiling point.
* Prepare the veggies and other sets of toppings. In this step, steam the Bok Choy, spinach, and carrots and saute them. Also, saute mushrooms for a while.
* In the last step, fill a large-size bowl with ramen noodles, crispy tofu, veggies, and flavorful shiitake and garnish with sriracha and sesame oil. Also, top the same with sesame seeds and scallions.
Get to know more about delectable plant-based food options here. Also, know the insights of a vegan diet, relevant choice of ingredients, macronutrients, and more. Moreover, buy crispy snacks of plantain tostones from the Ojas Vegan brand.